Leagues & Associations
TUESDAY SENIORS LEAGUE
- Senior league is open to all men 50 years old and up
- The official season is from April through October.
- The unofficial season is from November through March.
- Starting times: Tuesdays at 8:30 a.m.
- The format is a modified Stableford system:
- Double Bogey and Up = 0 points
- Bogey = 1 point
- Par = 2 points
- Birdie = 3 points
- Eagle = 4 points
Additional points can be attained by hitting a par 3 green in regulation and converting it into a par or a birdie, and by converting a sandie into a par or birdie.
Every player will have a target number. A new player will begin with a target number derived by subtracting their handicap from 40. The target number will change after every round. When a player exceeds the target number, 1/2 of the positive number will be added to the target number. When a player does not reach their target number, the target number will be reduced by a maximum of one.
The cost is an annual fee of $9.00 and a weekly fee of $6.00 plus golf fees. The weekly fee will be paid out each week with a small percentage taken out for the year-end tournament held the last Tuesday in October.
- $1.00 – goes to closest to the pins
- $5.00 – goes to the weekly purse
- 30% to 40% of the field will be paid weekly. To be eligible for the year-end tournament a player must participate in at least 10 Tuesdays during the official season.
LADIES GOLF ASSOCIATION
The QOLGA is a friendly group of women who enjoy playing Golf
- We are an affable bunch and play every Wednesday from the beginning of April to the end of October (and beyond if the weather permits).
- We welcome ladies of all abilities and would love to have you join us.
262 Quinton Oaks Lane
Callao, VA 22435